500g Organic Stoneground White Flour
7g of Dried Yeast
Large pinch of salt
Flour for dusting
Approx 340ml Tepid Water
- Tip the flour into a bowl and then add a pinch of salt and 7g of dried yeast.
- Measure approx 340ml tepid water into a jug
- Make small well in the centre of the flour & gradually add the water, mixing until all the ingredients have pulled together into a soft ball of dough. Lightly flour your work surface and tip the dough out. Your dough should be soft and pliable.
- With the heel of your hand gently knead the dough for about 7 minutes. If preferred a processor may be used at the slowest speed using a dough hook.
- Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for about 50 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.
- The dough should be soft to touch and full of air. Scrape it out onto a floured work surface.
- Knock out the air, knead briefly and mould. Using the side of your hand shape the side into a round cob shape. Once you have the shape dip the top into the middlings so it is well covered.
- Place on your lined baking tray, cover with tea towel and prove again – for approx. 30 mins – Press your finger into the dough – if it leaves an indentation it is ready to go into the oven.
- Place the tray into a hot oven at 220’c and bake until golden brown – approx 40minutes.
- Check to see if your bread is ready by tapping the base of the loaf – if it sounds hollow it is ready.
- Leave your bread to cool and then slice and enjoy!