A classic Autumn pudding! It is another great way to eat up your apples.
We like to make the crumble extra special by adding our Organic Porridge Oats with Spiced Fig & Pumpkin Seeds – absolutely delicious!
For the filling
- 575g Sliced Apples peeled & Cored – you can use either cooking or a dual purpose apple which has plenty of flavour
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
For the crumble
- 175g plain flour
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 110g cold butter
For the topping (optional)
- 1 tbsp Organic Porridge Oats with Spiced Fig & Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- double cream , clotted cream or custard, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5.
- Toss 575g peeled, cored and sliced apples with 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and put in a 23cm round baking dish at least 5cm deep, or a 20cm square dish. Flatten down with your hand to prevent too much crumble falling through.
- Put 175g plain flour and 110g golden caster sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt.
- Slice in 110g cold butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like moist breadcrumbs.
- Pour the crumb mix over the apples
- Gently press the surface so the crumble holds together and goes crisp, then lightly drag a fork over the top for a decorative finish.
- Sprinkle the Organic Porridge Oats with Spiced Fig & Pumpkin Seeds and 1 tbsp demerara sugar over evenly
- Set on a baking tray and put in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden and the apples feel very soft when you insert a small, sharp knife. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.