500g White Flour
1 x Grated Parsnip
15g Olive Oil
20g Yeast (10g if using dried)
1 x dessertspoon Mixed Herbs or Garlic (chopped)
300ml Tepid Water (approx)
Grated cheese for topping
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl except the parsnip. Gradually add the water to make a soft dough.
- Tip out onto a floured surface and knead. As the dough comes together add the grated parsnip and continue to knead for about 6-8 minutes. Put into a bowl and cover, leave to prove until doubled in size.
- Once risen turn out onto the table cut into two pieces – gently knock the air out of the dough pieces and shape into two batons.
- Place on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with a generous covering of cheese. Leave to prove – once risen and your finger leaves a dent when pressed in the dough.
- Put in a hot oven (200’) and bake for 25 minutes.