500g Organic Stoneground White & Wholemeal Flour Blend
7g of dried Yeast
50g Sunflower Seeds
Large pinch of salt
Flour for dusting
Tepid water (320ml)
- Tip the flour into a bowl and then add a pinch of salt, all the Honey, half of the Sunflower Seeds and 7g of dried yeast.
- Measure approx 340ml tepid water into a jug
- Make a small well in the centre of the flour & gradually add the water, mixing until all the ingredients have pulled together into a soft ball of dough. Lightly flour your work surface and tip the dough out.
- With the heel of your hand gently knead the dough for about 7 minutes. If preferred a processor may be used at the slowest speed using a dough hook.
- Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for about 50 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.
- The dough should be soft to touch and full of air. Scrape it out onto a floured work surface.
- Knock out the air, knead briefly and mold. Roll the dough tightly one way and then roll again starting at the other end until you have a tight oblong shape. Once you have the shape dip the top into the rest of the sunflower seeds so it is well covered.
- Place on your lined baking tray, cover with a tea towel and prove again – for approx. 20 mins – Press your finger into the dough – if it leaves an indentation it is ready to go into the oven.
- Place the tray into a hot oven at 220’c and bake until golden brown – approx 35 minutes.
- Check to see if your bread is ready by tapping the base of the loaf – if it sounds hollow it is ready.
- Leave to cool and then slice and enjoy!