BAKING & BREAD MAKING MADE EASY!
Baking at home is not only very enjoyable for adults and kids alike, it’s also incredibly satisfying! You don’t need expensive equipment, a big kitchen, or fancy ingredients – with a little bit of time and patience you’ll soon have the delicious smell of fresh bread, scones, or cakes wafting through your home.
The most important ingredient for any baking is the flour – ours is organic stoneground (grown and milled on our family farm!) and is available as:
All our flour is suitable for breads and other types of baking.
DID YOU KNOW?
Spelt is an ancient grain. Legend has it that the Roman army called it their ‘marching grain.’ Einkorn is even older and is called a primitive grain. It is one of the first known wheats to be grown by humans. Both Spelt and Einkorn are more water soluble than modern wheat varieties which make them easier to digest.
New to baking? Why not try one of our breadmaking kits, which include all the ingredients you’ll need and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
We stock a range of high quality ingredients and essential equipment (all of which has been tried and tested in our bakery!) – if you need any advice please send us an email to email@example.com or call us on 01262 488376 and we’ll be happy to help.
THE HOME BAKING ESSENTIALS SHOP
FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £45!
Nationwide delivery is free on orders over £45, or orders can be collected in person from the Bakery.
CAROLINE’S TOP 5 BREAD MAKING TIPS
- Add water gradually to your flour mix
- Aim for a soft dough that makes easy kneading
- Keep flour on your work surface to a minimum
- No flour on work surface for molding means toppings will stick easily for final finish
- To check whether your bread is ready, remove it from the oven (taking care as it will be very hot – always use oven gloves!). Turn it over and tap: if it sounds hollow it’s ready!